Maria is an experienced entrepreneur & managing director with direct commercial experience of every phase in the business model, from concept generation, entity establishment and business funding, to business management and disposal.
- Established two retail pharmacies, purchased third pharmacy.
- Successfully sold four businesses two retail, one each wholesale and online.
- Launched leading global brands onto Irish market, including St Tropez, Smashbox Cosmetics, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Yes to Carrots (achieved €1.25m sales for new, unknown brand year 1); also worked with OPI, Oilily, Sanctuary, Charles Worthington, Bulldog Skincare, Proactiv, Sheer Cover, Rembrandt Oral Care, Fruit of the Earth and many more leading global brands, scaling her distribution company to €5m.
- Multi-channel retail experience includes pharmacy, grocery, healthfood and department stores, airport/airline retail.
- Knowledge and experience of international retail and distribution pricing strategy and sales channels for healthcare, medical devices, personal care, gift.
- Experienced in NPD process; developed her own brand and involved in NPD with leading personal care brands.
- Key skills include route to market and sales.
- Having been involved in a number of successful debt and equity transactions with clients, as well as fundraising for her own business, Maria has a practical knowledge of the fundraising process.
- Maria is familiar with how to navigate her way around the Enterprise Ireland support systems.
A Pharmacist with an Advanced Diploma in Executive Coaching, Founder of Waywords Journals. Author of the Irish Times bestseller, ‘The Formula-How to be your very best self’.
Maria’s core expertise is in the consumer market, in commercialisation of new products and services. She knows the strengths and weaknesses of this sector, is hugely experienced in route to market and targeted sales, product branding and launch strategy, process implementation and business timing as well as market shifts and challenges facing companies.
Her experience with large international companies including PZ Cussons, Guthy Renker, United Drug during her time as CEO of Premium, along with selling to leading retailers such as Boots, Dunnes Stores, DAA, Brown Thomas and leading pharmacies all contributed to her success and is hugely valuable to clients in Ireland and UK with whom she now works to scale their businesses.
View Maria’s LinkedIn Profile by clicking the icon below