Jens Bleiel is an entrepreneur and business economist by training. He started his career at a management consultant company in Germany. He worked with Milupa in Germany which was later acquired by Dutch company Numico (brands included Aptamil, Nutricia and Cow & Gate) and is part of Danone today. He held several management and executive functions in the baby food branch of the company in Germany, The Netherlands and Argentina and his last function was Global Marketing Director Infant Milks. After 10 years in this business, Jens Bleiel joined Dutch multinational DSM as Senior Vice President Metabolic Health Products, he built the functional food business in the area of societal lifestyle concerns, like weight management, diabetes, infant nutrition and sports nutrition.
Jens Bleiel was Chief Executive Officer of Food for Health Ireland for nine years up to 2018. Food for Health Ireland combines world-class science of seven Public Research Organisations and the industry expertise of five leading dairy companies (Glanbia, Kerry, Carbery, Dairygold and Ornua) in Ireland in one centre to develop new innovative ingredients and services for the global food, health and well-being market.
In 2011, Jens Bleiel founded AnaBio Technologies LTD., together with his wife, Dr. Sinéad Bleiel and supports the company as a Director on the Board. He also founded his own management consultancy firm BLEIEL Ltd., in 2013 to offer food and nutrition innovation services to customers. In 2019, he co-founded BioEnz Technologies Ltd., a biotech company focusing on state-of-the-art technologies to identify new, high value generating enzymes for the food, feed and pharma market.
Jens has expertise in the following:
- Healthy food and beverage products, dietary supplements, snacks for a.o. weight management, digestive wellness, sports nutrition, healthy ageing, infant nutrition, diabetes.
- Plant protein foods and beverages, vegan products, organic, fair trade, sustainability, natural food and beverages.
- Biotech, nutrition, and food technology.
- General entrepreneurship, start-up companies, healthy growth strategies for company founders, company management, governance structure, Board management.
- General finances, cash-flow, funding strategies.
- Licensing and royalty negotiations, exclusivity vs. non-exclusivity, supply and sourcing of ingredients, services.
View Jen’s LinkedIn Profile by clicking the icon below