Daniel Byrne is an experienced technology leader, with over 20 years in the Financial Services domain in both the Investment Banking and Alternative Asset Manager spaces. Daniel has performed numerous roles over his career from hands on technologist through to leading large global teams engaged in significant programs of work relating to regulatory driven initiatives and market opportunities.
Having worked in London, New York and Singapore Daniel knows what it takes to operate internationally. This has involved building and operating multiples teams across geographies and cultures in Europe (Ukraine, Poland, England, Scotland) Asia (Singapore, India) and the US.
Before returning to Dublin in 2018 Daniel ran the technology team responsible for supporting the Front Office of a large New York City based hedge fund, Oz Management. Prior to that Daniel ran Risk (Market and Credit) Technology Americas for a Tier 1 international Investment Bank, Barclays Capital.
Since 2019 Daniel has been leading the Centre of Excellence for BearingPoint//Beyond. BearingPoint/Beyond provides a SaaS based Digital Business Platform to help organizations reinvent their business models and grow their revenue by utilizing digital platforms.
Daniel has experience putting together technology strategy to transform organizations. This has required him to develop, pitch and deliver future state technology roadmapS to C level executives. This has made use of his excellent communication skills, strategic awareness and market understanding.
A highlight of some of his skills/achievements
- Responsible for Operating and Capital Expenditure budgets in excess of 10MM USD.
- Experience with architecture of distributed systems (micro-services, ESB, Web UI)
- Ran large scale books of working using Agile approach (SCRUM, Kanban, CI)
- Full employee life-cycle(identifying, hiring, developing and separating)
- Delivered significant projects address regulatory driven initiatives (Basel, Basel II, MFID II)
- Managed third party vendor relationships (Market Data, Third party software, Third Party service providers)
- Built talent pipelines and succession plans for technology teams
- Developed and grown graduate recruitment programs
View Daniel’s LinkedIn Profile by clicking the icon below