Andrew has had a background in engineering since 1970, working initially in Short Brothers in Belfast and studying for a Bsc at New University of Ulster. He moved into the medical equipment area in 1979, working for Technicon (which became Bayer Diagnostics). After working in a number of roles including software development and Engineering Manager, Andrew obtained an MSc in Management Practice with Trinity College in 1988 and has worked at senior management level since that time.
In Managing Director roles he has established two multinational subsidiaries in Ireland, firstly Summit Technologies in 1991 and in a move into medical devices, AngioDynamics Ireland ltd. in 1996. In 2000 he led an MBO of AngioDynamics Ireland to form ClearStream Technologies. In 2003 Andrew was awarded the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Emerging Business Category in recognition of the rapid growth and development of ClearStream.
By 2008 ClearStream had become a recognised brand leader in the development and supply of speciality angioplasty catheters for the treatment of critical limb ischemia and diabetic foot. ClearStream supplied more than 35 countries through independent distributors. ClearStream was notable for establishing a significant distribution partnership with Cordis (J&J) and a licencing arrangement with CR Bard.
In 2011, Andrew led the successful sale of ClearStream Technologies to CR Bard.
Since 2012 Andrew has provided a consultancy service to the medical device industry under the banner MedDevStrategies. Andrew is a member of EI mentor panel since 2012 and an EI Health mentor since 2019.
• Start-ups, business development, organisation development.
• Strategic Management and Change Management
• Fundraising, experience of the cycle from MBO to IPO to Sale of business.
• Fundraising on the small cap markets e.g. AIM
• Relationship management with investors, customers and clinical advisors
• Product Development in the Medical Device field
• Developing channels to international markets; Own Brand, Co-Labelling, OEM and product licencing
• Product launch and marketing strategies
View Andrew’s LinkedIn Profile by clicking the icon below