Today’s most successful companies respond to change by continually rethinking, reinventing and innovating at every level.
Innovation 4 Growth (I4G) enables CEOs and their senior teams embed innovative thinking and a genuine culture of innovation within their businesses. By combining best practice in innovation management with a practical, action-oriented approach, I4G stimulates the creation of new business models, services, products and processes. These, in turn, deliver greater value to customers and stimulate measurable profit growth.
Module 1: Scaling & Sustaining
- Creating a business from the idea
- How high performance organisations innovate at scale
- Apply methodologies to accelerate the rate of scale throughout the organisation
- Create the capability to enable your organisation to transform continuously to meet internal, market and customer demands
Module 2: Discovery
- Understanding Design Thinking tools and techniques and how to use them
- Selecting the right problems to solve and bringing the right solution to market
- Critically assessing current Process and Product Development approaches
- Identifying Key Performance Indicators
Module 3: Validating
- Embedding the leadership vision for driving innovation performance
- Defining management commitment in your organisational context
- Innovation strategy / Idea Generation / Prioritisation / Implementation / People and Organisation (Culture)
Business Model Innovation
- Systematically design and implement new business models
- Question, challenge and transform existing and outmoded models
- Turn visionary ideas into game changing business models to challenge the incumbents
- Experiment with ways to increase revenue by using new business models
Module 4: Testing
- Utilising agile development methods
- Prototyping the vision and bringing it to reality, rapidly
- Building a story spine; developing a compelling narrative
- Is the validation/testing method clearly described?
- Does the prototype illustrate (even early stage) the new value provided by human centric design?
Module 5: Leading
MIT’s Approach to Ecosystems and Leading Innovation
- Exploring innovation in practice to optimise the benefits of potential markets
- Scoping innovation for leadership teams
- Leading Innovation: “Your Innovator’s DNA”
- Building an understanding of participant’s strengths, areas for development and preferences.
- Practice skills for generating innovative ideas with impact
- Leading Innovation: iDNA Skills: Questioning and Experimenting
- Leading Innovation: iDNA Skills: The 4 Capabilities of a Leader
- Developing the ability to think strategically, define the future state, align stakeholders with the future vision and inspire the team to make it happen.
I4G combines tuition from IMI’s global network of experts and the MIT Sloan School of Management, Boston. Module by module, guided by facilitators and coaches, teams develop innovative projects for their business which are showcased at the programme finale.
Business Advisor Coaches
Each participant company is assigned an experienced business coach who helps develop their ‘innovationreadiness’ from the outset. Doing so will help develop and sustain new capabilities and practices in the business during and beyond the programme. They help companies examine topics in more detail and apply learnings to company specific challenges.
The programme is underpinned by peerlearning opportunities with fellow participants. It is further supported by I4G
alumni and international leaders across the innovation landscape.
Irish Management Institute: Ireland’s leading executive developer, the IMI equips leaders with the capabilities to build their companies using new knowledge, behaviours and practises that deliver sustainable returns on investment. In 2019, Irish Management Institute was ranked in the Global Top 50 Executive Education providers by the Financial Times.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the MIT Sloan School of Management is one of the world’s leading business schools and
is renowned for its expertise in innovation.
The programme is subsidised by Enterprise Ireland.
After applying grant aid, the direct cost to companies for up to three participants is:
– Small Company €14,712 (direct cost to company)
– Medium Company €19,616 (direct cost to company)
– Large Company €24,520 (direct cost to company)
Fees include all educational and coaching elements, accommodation and meals in overseas and Irish locations during modules.
Travel costs are not included, flights must be booked directly by participants for overseas module in June.
Who Should Apply
Complete the online form via the following link: www.enterprise-ireland.com/Innovation4growth
• Successful companies will be notified as soon as possible after the completed application is submitted and will be invoiced for payment prior to the programme starting.
T: 0 1 727 2772
4 modules held in Ireland
1 module held overseas in MIT, Boston
- €14,712 to €24,520 based on company size
- CEO and Senior Teams
What past participants say about I4G
The Innovation 4 Growth programme has assisted us in driving transformational change within the organisation. Over the course of the programme we gained a deep understanding of the tools and techniques to develop an innovation process. The programme has opened our eyes to how important innovation is to the future of Ardmac.
Ronan Quinn, CEO – Ardmac
Overall a great programme that I would highly recommend to anyone considering their innovation journey.