Innovation 4 Growth
MIT & IMI
Enterprise Ireland has partnered with the Irish Management Institute to deliver Innovation 4 Growth, a unique programme specifically designed to meet the needs of ambitious and entrepreneurial Irish companies seeking to use innovation as a way to unlock opportunities in the marketplace. Targeting leaders in your management team the programme will fast-track your company through an end-to-end innovation learning and practice journey and support you to deliver on one or more innovation initiatives. As a result of participating in Innovation 4 Growth you will:
- Analyse and evaluate your business in the context of innovation
- Fully develop and implement an innovation growth strategy
- Apply management practices that will support innovation culture and processes
- Develop key leadership skills to drive innovation
- Acquire a practical toolkit to enable continuous innovation Increase exports, sales, jobs and productivity
Previous Programme Evaluation Findings: “The majority of companies involved have transferred the classroom learning, built innovation capabilities and applied these capabilities to deliver new products and services. In some cases the new products and services have radically transformed the businesses in question and in others led to entirely new market opportunities. The delivery of these projects has been underpinned by significant internal process innovations that will support ongoing innovation efforts.”
If you are interested in the programme make contact with your Development Advisor
Next, you need to formally register your interest below
The I4G Programme Manager will then contact regarding the application process and start dates of the next programme
Learning Programme Specifications
Design and Delivery Approach
Irish Management Institute (IMI) is the leading Executive developer in Ireland, ranked for the 9th consecutive year by the Financial Times customised rankings. IMI’s mission is to equip leaders to build the future of their companies focusing on implementing new practices and behaviours that deliver significant and sustainable return on investment. The MIT Sloan School of Management, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is one of the world’s leading business schools. It’s mission is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice. MIT Sloan Executive Education will host the opening module of the programme, which will centre around what it takes to create a sustainable culture of innovation at the team and organisational level. You will be supported in your journey through:
- Access to world-class experts and methodologies from International and Irish Business Schools
- One-to-one business coaching to support you and your team with the implementation of your innovation project
- An executive education programme at MIT, Sloan School of Management
- Networking and peer learning opportunities with fellow participants, I4G alumni and international leaders
- Supported online learning
Each participant company is assigned an experienced business coach to assist in bringing innovation back into the company and involving more of the wider team in the process. There are 5 x ½ day sessions spaced out in between the modules so that the topics can be dealt with in more detail and immediately applied to the innovation project. At the outset, coaches will work with you to assist in the development of your Innovation Readiness Plans and assist you to implement you new plan thereafter.
Who Should Participate?
The programme allows for up to 3 participants from each company, ideally the CEO and 2 senior team members. It is aimed at EI client companies with:
- An identified growth plan to develop in international markets, using innovation as a key growth driver
- A senior management team with the time, resources and commitment to the programme to deliver innovation initiatives
- A level of sophistication around management practices that will support an innovation culture and processes
- Module 1: Leading – Creating a culture of innovation
- Module 2: Discovery – Identifying opportunities
- Module 3: Validating – Choosing the best opportunity to progress/pursue
- Module 4: Testing – Market readiness and test launch
- Module 5: Scaling & Sustaining – Creating a business from the idea
You will be provided with a relevant toolkit as part of the course as well as additional online resources and suggested extra reading materials.
- The Innovation 4 Growth programme has brought a number of benefits to Nutribio. It has brought structure and organisation to our to innovation activities as well as a confidence that the practises we have learnt are now being used to encourage, gather, organise and implement innovation ideas are consistent with current best practise. David O Sullivan, Nutribio.
- The Innovation 4 Growth programme has challenged our thinking of innovation in the context of a fast growing business like Cartrawler. It has offered a wide range of ideas, frameworks and tools to help inform our approach. The structure of the programme is excellent. Brain Ingarfield, Cartrawler.
- Through Implementing the tools and techniques we gained during the Innovation 4 Growth programme our company has become a place where ideas are sought across the spectrum of core and support activities and where insights from our customers are actively pursued. Richard Crowe, Nicholas O Dwyer.